GNOME.conf.au 2007?

Ni hao,

I'm looking for someone to take over GNOME.conf.au for 2007. I'm leading the
linux.conf.au 2007 team, so won't be able to take primary responsibility for
the miniconf, but I'll be happy to help out.

Here's what we've done in previous years:

  http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/2004/gnome.conf.au/
  http://live.gnome.org/Canberra2005
  http://live.gnome.org/Dunedin2006

For 2007, I'd like to turn it up to eleven, pull out all stops, ratchet it
up a notch and push it to the limit. Let's bring it back to 2004 standard,
and beyond. Let's make it a two day event - one for us, one for our users.
Let's make it *the* southern hemisphere's GNOME event - take no prisoners.

I will be noisily encouraging GNOME dudes to come to linux.conf.au, and an
amazing plan for GNOME.conf.au will really help. I've started a wiki page:

  http://live.gnome.org/Sydney2007

It's draft status, as some details will have to wait until the miniconf is
accepted by the organising team.

So... Would anyone like to take the reins this year?

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
LinuxWorldExpo: Johannesburg, South Africa  http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.za/

  "If you want to start a debate on a subject, however, all that seems to
     be necessary is to involve perennial target Richard Gooch." - LWN