GDM2 2.14.7 (stable), the "Flower Bloomington" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: GDM2 2.14.7 (stable), the "Flower Bloomington" Release
- Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:31:46 -0500
(If you have no clue what gdm is, skip a few paragraphs down first)
The 2.14.7 release is a stable release of GDM that has the
following improvements and addresses the following issues:
- Correct build/install issues with gdm-ssh-session and the desktop
file. (Brian Cameron)
- Fix bug that was causing the greeter/ShowGnomeFailsafeSession and
ShowGnomeXtermSession configuration values to not work. (Brian
- Fix gdmgreeter so the entry field always has focus after a button
press when using real GTK+ buttons in the theme. (Brian Cameron)
- Now per-display configuration works with the greeter/SystemMenu and
greeter/ChooserButton keys. (Brian Cameron)
- Corrected a problem with GDM not using the fallback directory when
it cannot access the user's $HOME directory. (Arjan Timmerman)
- "make install" no longer fails if user cannot run chown.
- Translation updates (Takeshi AIHANA, Rhys Jones, Priit Laes,
Chao-Hsiung Liao, Gora Mohanty, Daniel Nylander, Kostas
Papadimas, Ankit Patel, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro, Francisco
Javier F. Serrador, Alexander Shopov, Clytie Siddall, Ilkka
Tuohela, Vincent van Adrighem, Funda Wang)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation: http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though,
so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz
] [Thread Prev