GDM2 2.15.3 (unstable), the "You've Got To Hold On" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: GDM2 2.15.3 (unstable), the "You've Got To Hold On" Release
- Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:17:11 -0500
(If you have no clue what gdm is, skip a few paragraphs down first)
The 2.15.3 release is an unstable release of GDM with the following
- No longer use popt in favor of glib's GOption command line parsing.
Note that this removes the single-dash options GDM used to support
(such as the gdm -nodaemon option which is now --nodaemon) which
were originally supported so GDM would be more like XDM. Users who
depend on the single dash options will need to change to use the
non-deprecated double-dash options. (Christian Kirbach)
- Fix bug that was causing ShowGnomeFailsafeSession and
ShowGnomeXtermSession configuration values to not work. (Brian
- Now add gdm-ssh-session to distribution tarball, and fix the
ssh-session.desktop file so that it sets the right TryExec
value even if --libexecdir isn't passed into configure.
- Use ngettext in gui/gdmcommon.c for building the Timed Login
message. (Benoit Dejean)
- Translation updates (Chao-Hsiung Liao, Gora Mohanty, Ankit Patel)
- Release notes now have correct download directory listed below.
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation: http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though,
so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz
] [Thread Prev