orca-0.2.2

==============
* What is it ?
==============

Orca is a scriptable screen reader for the GNOME desktop for people
with visual impairments.  It is currently in "pre-alpha" form.  If
you have a sense of humor and hacker mentality and also relish the
opportunity to help with the future of Orca, contact us at:
orca-list at gnome dot org.

==================
* What's changed ?
==================

This release represents the set of bits we plan to show at CSUN '06
in combination with GNOME 2.14 on the Solaris operating environment.

==========
Orca 0.2.2
==========

At this point, we should make a stand that GNOME 2.14 is required. We've seen a number of fixes get into the AT-SPI infrastructure (e.g., atk, gail, at-spi) and other components (gtk+, eel, evolution, etc.) for GNOME 2.14. It is starting to make little sense to keep a list of what to backport to
a GNOME 2.12 system.

In any case, here's the news:

* Add output of text attributes at caret - press Insert+f (Rich Burridge) * Pre-filter TTS strings to prevent them from being interpreted as commands
  by DECtalk (Willie Walker)
* Default to using BrlTTY if it is available (Willie Walker)
* Fix for bug 333168: scripts were not being reclaimed (Willie Walker)
* Add extra KeySyms to account for Solaris keyboard layouts (Willie Walker)
* Beginning of util.py for common script utilities (Rich Burridge and
  Willie Walker)
* Fix for speechgenerator._getSpeechForTableCell (Rich Burridge)
* More work on Evolution script (Rich Burridge)
* Work on StarOffice script, including spell checking (Rich Burridge)
* Fix for bug 333765 to allow Orca to better clean up when shutting
  down under adverse conditions (Willie Walker)
* Fix for bug 333792 and also provide better fallback for broken
  speech drivers (Willie Walker)
* Fix for bug 333915 to transform unicode ellipses into "..." (Willie Walker)
* Use window manager struts for braille monitor and also adapt better to
  dynamic changes in size (e.g., themes using larger fonts)
* Provide better support for accessible login via gdmlogin.
* A little more work on the Firefox script, but Firefox/Orca are still
  not ready for prime time (Willie Walker)

* Where can I get it ?

Source code:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/orca/0.2/orca-0.2.2.tar.bz2

Enjoy.

Will, Mike, Rich, and the Orca community