Scw 0.3.0

I'm happy to announce a new release of Scw, the chat-oriented widget set!
(actually released last week, but..)

What's new?
=========

The release 0.3.0 includes the following changes:

 * New features:
   - support for embedded icons
   - support for panning
   - smart panning mode
 * New API:
   - "interaction" property
   - "embedded-icon-size" property
 * Win32 building (cygwin) support (Toni Willberg)
 * Optimize performance (a lot in some cases)

What is it?
=======

Scw is a library that includes widgets designed for chat programs.

Currently this means (but will be extended with time):

 * ScwView, a view that has:
    - Activatable text (urls, user names, etc)
    - Embedded icons
    - Pango markup
    - Wrapping
    - GtkTreeModel implementations as data storage
    - Different interaction modes (select, pan, smart pan)

 * ScwEntry, an derivate of GtkEntry which adds:
    - Simple input history

Python and Ruby bindings are available, Java-Gtk bindings are planned.

As a bonus feature, the widgets are guaranteed to compile and work on
the Maemo[1] platform (used in the Nokia 770[2] that everybody is so
exited about).

More detailed description is found on the home page of Scw.

Applications that use Scw
==================

 * Rirc (an irssi2 client, has been discontinued for the time being)
 * Silky (is being ported to it in the REWRITE branch,
http://silky.sourceforge.net/
 * Telepathy people are doing a proto client using Scw
    (http://telepathy.freedesktop.org)
 * Your app here possibly? Let me know!

Where to get it?

Homepage: