ANNOUNCE: PyGObject 2.9.0
- From: Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org>
- To: PyGTK <pygtk daa com au>
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: PyGObject 2.9.0
- Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:24:14 -0200
I am pleased to announce version 2.9.0 of the Python bindings for GObject.
This is the first release of PyGObject, it used to belong in PyGTK, but
has been split off into a separate tarball to make it easier for
distributor to build separate packages and avoid having applications not
using GTK or X11 depending on PyGTK and thus GTK+.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org as and its mirrors
as soon as its synced correctly:
What's new since PyGTK 2.8.3:
- Updates for Python 2.5's richcompare (Manish Yosh)
- PyFlags bug fixes (Gustavo)
- Fix leak in pygobject_new_with_interfaces (Johan)
- Undeprecate gobject.type_register (Johan)
GObject is a object system library used by GTK+ and GStreamer.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for the GObject+ library for use
in Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyGTK, PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the
GNU LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging
from small single purpose scripts up to large full
PyGObject requires GObject >= 2.8.0 and Python >= 2.3.5 to build.
Bug reports, as always, should go to Bugzilla; check out
links to posting and querying bug reports for PyGTK.
johan gnome org
gnome-announce-list mailing list
gnome-announce-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev