[Announce] PyGooCanvas 0.4.0
- From: "Gian Mario Tagliaretti" <g tagliaretti gmail com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, pygtk <pygtk daa com au>
- Subject: [Announce] PyGooCanvas 0.4.0
- Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 01:56:49 +0200
I am pleased to announce version 0.4.0 of the Python bindings for Goocanvas.
This is the first release and it's available at:
Contributors for this release:
- Gian Mario Tagliaretti (module creation, coding, documentation)
- Gustavo J.A.M. Carneiro (coding)
- Edward Hervey (coding)
- Brendan Howell (feedback and bug reporting)
Goocanvas  is a canvas widget for GTK+, It is similar in many ways to
FooCanvas, hence the name, but it uses cairo for rendering, it has a
model/view split, and uses interfaces for items & views (so you can
easily turn any application object into a canvas item or view).
Pygoocanvas is a wrapper which exposes the goocanvas API to the
python world, it's fairly complete, most of the API are covered.
The documentation is a work in progress.
Like the GTK+ library, PyGTK and Goocanvas itself Pygoocanvas is
licensed under the GNU LGPL, so is suitable for use in both
free software and proprietary applications.
- Goocanvas >= 0.4.0
- PyGObject >= 2.10.1 (2.11.3 to build the docs)
- PyGTK >= 2.8.4
- PyCairo >= 1.2.0
Bug reports should go to https://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?group_id=6813
Gian Mario Tagliaretti
] [Thread Prev