ANNOUNCE: vtkmm-1.1.0

vtkmm-1.1.0:
============

	vtkmm is a small C++ library for developing applications
	that use gtkmm and vtk together. You can obtain it from
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtkmm.

Changes:
========

	- This is the first public release !

Remarks:
========

	- This library is still in an experimental state and needs
	  testing.

	- While I'm getting more and more familiar with gtkmm, my
	  knowlege about vtk is quite basic. This is why I encourage
	  especially the people from the vtk community who are interested,
	  to criticize the interface this library.

	- The documentation for this library is quite minimal at the
	  moment. However, the libraries headers (there are just three
	  of them) are documented in a doxygen friendly manner,
	  and there are two examples that put the library in use. For
	  your convenience, a 'Doxyfile' is included in the dist.
	  If you are familiar with gtkmm, and know some basics about
	  vtk, this library should be a no-brainer.

	- For this initial release, you need to tell the configure script
	  where your vtk headers and libraries are located. You do this by
	  passing the apprpriate values to --with-vtk-lib-path and
	  --with-vtk-headers. Lucily a nice guy from the autoconf mailing list
	  has sent me some macros to locate vtk in a more professional
	  manner. These macros will most likley be put into use in the
	  next release.

Dependencies:

	- gtkmm-2.4 [http://www.gtkmm.org/] or higher.

	- gtkglext-1.0 [http://gtkglext.sourceforge.net/] or higher.

	- vtk-4.2.x [http://www.vtk.org/]

Thanks to:

	- All people from the open source community who made this project
	  possible, especially to all gnome and vtk hackers.