ANNOUNCE: PyGTK 2.8.1
- From: Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org>
- To: PyGTK <pygtk daa com au>
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org, Python Announce List <python-announce-list python org>
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: PyGTK 2.8.1
- Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 18:17:33 -0300
I am pleased to announce version 2.8.1 of the Python bindings for GTK.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org as and its mirrors
as soon as its synced correctly:
What's new since 2.7.4:
- Bug fixes (Gustavo, Johan)
- Improve exceptions when registering properties (Gustavo)
- Extend warnings (John Ehresman)
- Raise exception when working on uninitialized objects (Johan)
- Plug libglade leak (Gustavo)
- Undeprecate a few gobject functions (Johan)
- UINT64 buf fixes (Gustavo, Johan)
- GCC 4.0 warnings (Johan)
For a complete list of new features in 2.8.x, see the wiki page:
GTK is a toolkit for developing graphical applications that run on POSIX
systems such as Linux, Windows and MacOS X (provided that the X server
for MacOS X has been installed). It provides a comprehensive set of GUI
widgets, can display Unicode bidi text. It links into the Gnome
Accessibility Framework through the ATK library.
PyGTK provides a convenient wrapper for the GTK+ library for use in
Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GTK+ library itself PyGTK is licensed under the GNU LGPL, so is
suitable for use in both free software and proprietary applications. It
is already in use in many applications ranging from small single purpose
scripts up to large full features applications.
PyGTK requires GTK+ >= 2.8.0 and Python >= 2.3 to build.
Bug reports, as always, should go to Bugzilla; check out
http://pygtk.org/developer.html and http://pygtk.org/feedback.html for
to posting and querying bug reports for PyGTK.
johan gnome org
] [Thread Prev