GARNOME Weekly Build: 20050714.1730

GARNOME Weekly Snapshot Build: 20050714
=======================================

Following the 2.10.2 release earlier in the week, 20050714.1730 is out
the door for your testing pleasure.

No real changes in the stable series, except a possible fix to the
gst-ffmpeg registration problem that has been reported with 0.8.5, it falls
into the category of WORKSFORME, but then -- I could never duplicate the
original bug as it was ... so.

The unstable series has a number of version bumps, tweaks and fixes --
which incorporate most of the 2.11.{4/5} D&DP releases, as well as:

* Firefox might build & run with the correct combination of
  --disable-debug flags (Joseph, guenther, me)

* Mono 1.1.8.2 and friends (Joseph)

* Clearlooks 0.6.x support (Bob, me)

* Portability for our DocBook catalogue build script (b.g.o #118708)

* The ability to build GARNOME unattended (ie. it will no longer
  prompt for root passwords and the like, it'll just ignore things
  with those requirements) (guenther)

First time users of the Weekly Builds should note:

"THESE ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK"

They are simply snapshots of the latest GARNOME working tree, with build
patches -- in no way are they tested as extensively as the actual releases
are -- if you're looking for a tested desktop solution, grab the versioned
releases instead.

Snapshot tarballs are marked as GARNOME-$(majorversion)-$(date).$(time)
and can be downloaded from:

Stable: ftp://cipherfunk.org/pub/tarballs/garnome/v2.10/snapshots/
Unstable: ftp://cipherfunk.org/pub/tarballs/garnome/v2.11/snapshots/

Any questions, join the IRC channel (#garnome on irc://irc.gnome.org), or
join the GARNOME mailing list.

Paul