GTK+ 2.7.2 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gtk-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.7.2 released
- Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:29:20 -0400
GTK+ 2.7.2 is now available for download at:
gtk+-2.7.2.tar.bz2 md5sum: d8b78b20725eb38dcc545a0499aa68ff
gtk+-2.7.2.tar.gz md5sum: 92ae255168642787582539437c2eae3c
This is the third development release loading up to GTK+ 2.8.
* This is unstable development release. There are certainly
plenty of bugs remaining to be found. This release should
not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+ 2.6. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+ 2.6.8.
* GTK+ 2.8 will be source and binary compatible with the GTK+
2.6.x series; the new API additions in GTK+ 2.7.2 are
practically finished, although a small number of API-affecting
bugs are still under consideration.
* Remaining issues for GTK+ 2.8 can be found with following
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.7.1 to GTK+ 2.7.2
- Clean up the "trail" in the path bar when set_current_folder
is called explicitly [Jonathan Blandford, Matthias Clasen]
- Accept dropped files and directories on the file list [Sven
- Make reusing cell renders work as well as it did in 2.6,
but document it as being unsupported. [Kristian Rietveld]
- Optionally wrap the license [Christian Rose, Christian Persch]
- Make image menu items work in vertical menubars [Matthias]
- Make orientation changes of menubars work [Matthias]
- Implement named cursors and other new GDK apis [Hans Breuer]
- Implement getting cursor images [Tor Lillqvist]
* Bug fixes [J. Ali Harlow, Matthias, Diego Gonzalez,
Kazuki IWAMOTO, Paul Cornett, Sebastian Bacher, Tor]
* Documentation improvements [Benjamin Berg, Matthias,
Steve Chaplin, Peter van den Bosch, Tim-Philipp M�
* New and updated translations (en_CA,sr,sr Latn)
A list of all bugs fixed in this release can be found at
8 July, 2005
] [Thread Prev