Guikachu 1.5.3 "Soon It Will Be Winter": GNOME Resource editor for PalmOS projects
- From: ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org>
- To: linux-announce sws1 ornl gov, gnome-announce-list gnome org, guikachu-main lists sourceforge net, rogerso debian org
- Subject: Guikachu 1.5.3 "Soon It Will Be Winter": GNOME Resource editor for PalmOS projects
- Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:15:48 +0200 (CEST)
Dear users of both large and small computing tools,
A new unstable release of Guikachu is available.
Guikachu is a GNOME application for graphical editing of resource
files for PalmOS-based pocket computers. The user interface is
modelled after Glade, the GNOME UI builder.
Catch it all from http://cactus.rulez.org/projects/guikachu/
* Uses GNOME-VFS, you can load files from anywhere, e.g. from the
Web, from an SMB share, from a tarball.
* Exporting to/importing from PilRC .rcp files
* Support for non-Palm PilRC targets (like the eBookMan)
* Support for the following PalmOS resource types:
- String and string list resources
- Dialog resources
- Menu resources
- Form resources
- Bitmap resources
- Per-application resources (e.g. version number)
* WYSIWYG Form Editor, with drag & drop capability and visual resizing
* Flexible, complete undo support
* Sample file with sample GNU PalmOS SDK-based application
* Documentation (a complete user's manual)
About this release
This release is part of the 1.5 development branch, so it's all about
crazy experimentations and not about providing a polished, well-tested
product -- so don't quite replace your 1.4 Guikachu just yet.
New in this release:
* Support for Slider widgets (by Tobias Gruetzmacher)
* Some widgets were missing the 'Disabled' property
* RCP importer: support for buttons etc. with pictures
* Lots of updated translations
Guikachu uses the GNOME 2 platform, particularly the GNOMEmm and GTKmm
C++ bindings. The ImageMagick library is used for managing bitmap
resources. To actually create the PalmOS resource files, you will also
need PilRC (part of the GNU PalmOS SDK) to compile the .rpc files
produced by Guikachu.
Beware of bugémons!
.--= ULLA! =---------------------. `We are not here to give users what
\ http://cactus.rulez.org \ they want' -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001
`---= cactus cactus rulez org =---'
"XML is a giant step in no direction at all" - Erik Naggum
] [Thread Prev