Update [was Re: Intrusion on www.gnome.org]
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: gnome-hackers gnome org
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: Update [was Re: Intrusion on www.gnome.org]
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:58:36 -0500
On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 13:52, Owen Taylor wrote:
> We've discovered evidence of an intrusion on the server
> hosting www.gnome.org and other gnome.org websites.
> At the present time, we think that the released gnome
> sources and the gnome source code repository are unaffected.
> We are investigating further and will provide updates
> as we know more. We hope to have the essential services
> hosted on the affected machine up and running again as soon
> as possible.
A quick status update on the situation:
* No additional damage has been discovered; at the current
time we are cautiously hopeful that the compromise was
limited in scope.
* ftp.gnome.org is back on now that we have additional
confidence in the integrity of the tarballs.
* We've now restored a number of services running on a
- Websites including www.gnome.org, and developer.gnome.org
are back up in limited service; dynamic content is still
off so some parts may be inaccessible.
- planet.gnome.org is again providing all your favorite
blogs and gossip.
- Bugzilla is in testing mode; we hope to restore general
access in the next day.
Thanks for your patience; we'll continue to provide updates
as we move back to fully operational status.
The GNOME sysadmin team
24 March 2004
] [Thread Prev