ANNOUNCE: Gossip 0.7.7

Gossip 0.7.7 released
Aug 27, 2004

Imendio is very happy to announce version 0.7.7 of our instant messaging
client Gossip!

Gossip is an instant messaging client for GNOME with an easy-to-use
interface, providing users of the GNOME Desktop with a friendly way to
keep in touch with their friends.

This release features a nice addition in that you see which contacts has
been updated in the contact list. Often you find yourself noticing that
something changed but when you look you can't find what actually
changed. Martyn was quick to solve this and now the background changes
on a contact for 7 seconds after an update.

Geert-Jan did some work to make the group chat behave more like a normal
chat. And Mikael Hallendal added support for keep-alive packages being
sent and HTTP proxy being used if the user has setup a desktop global
HTTP proxy. You can also specify a different host to connect to instead
of just being able to specify your JID.

Full list of fixes in 0.7.7:
      * Make the groupchat input area the same as in chats (Geert-Jan)
      * Improved URL recognizer (Johan Hammar)
      * Fixed name bug when chatting with people not in your contact
        list (Micke)
      * Cut supported in chat windows (cuts from input area) (Thomas
        Reynolds)
      * Support for specifying both JID and connect server (Micke)
      * Support for HTTP proxy, uses desktop global settings (Micke)
      * Notify on updates in the contact list (Change the background on
        that row for 7 seconds) (Martyn)
      * New translations (ga)
      * Updated translations (cs, nl, en_GB, lt, cy, sq, ru, eu, en_CA,
        es, nl, pt, da)
      * New translations (en_CA, uk, eo, ar)
      * Updated translations: (lt, cs, en_GB, nl, ca, pt_BR, sv, zh_CN,
        da, pl, pt)

If you want to subscribe to just announcement of Gossip and other
Imendio projects, please join our announce list: