ANNOUNCE: Conglomerate 0.7.6

Application
===========

Conglomerate 0.7.6 - "It Looks Like You're Writing A <letter>"

Description
===========

Conglomerate is an XML editor for GNOME, aiming to be as user-friendly as
possible, to help non-technical people to use DocBook and similar
formats.

   Conglomerate   is  still  UNSTABLE,  and  not  yet  ready  for
   heavy-duty production use. Having said that I used it to write
   these  release  notes  in  DocBook without having to resort to
   Emacs,  and  it's  less painful than it was. Has crashed twice
   (so  far).  Notable  remaining  problems  are  lack  of speed,
   inability  to  deal  with  external entities, and crashes when
   nesting certain elements inside certain other elements.

   A  fair  amount  has changed since the last release: there are
   plenty  of  new  features  which  need testing. In particular,
   support for non-Roman scripts should be substantially better -
   we now support GTK Input Methods, and I believe I've fixed the
   last remaining multibyte character bug. Testers welcome!

Enhancements
============
     * Structural   headers   now  have  an  animated  disclosure
       triangle for folding the content (me)
     * Extension  of  selection  so  that  entire  nodes  can  be
       selected  as  well  as  ranges  of  text - try clicking on
       things! (me)
     * Bulletproofing various clipboard operations (me)
     * Editor  areas  now  support pre-lighting when the mouse is
       over  them;  there are various placeholder effects for now
       (me)
     * Editor  areas now support mouse cursors; text areas use an
       I-beam (me)
     * Support  for  template  documents which will appear in the
       Create New File assistant. (Jeff Martin)
     * Support for GTK Input Methods (me)
     * Now  uses  the  X CLIPBOARD for clipboard handling, rather
       than an internal buffer (me)
     * Span tags are now filtered using DTD if available (me)
     * If  there  is a gconf key specifying dispspec directories,
       load  them  from  there  instead  of  using  application's
       default directory. (Boris Goldowsky)
     * Enhancements  to  gtk-doc  documentation  coverage (Robert
       Varga)
     * Made moving the cursor to the right move through tags just
       like cursor movement to the left (bug #125341). (Geert-Jan
       Van den Bogaerde)
     * Removed last traces of GdkFont (me)
     * Change  the toolbar to give 'save' as an option instead of
       'save as' (David Hoover)
     * Fixes to help 64-bit architectures (me, Andreas Schwab)
     * Custom  display  of  DocBook  admonition  tags  <warning>,
       <caution> etc (code by me, artwork by Jakub Steiner)
     * Custom proprty dialog for DocBook <ulink> tags (me)
     * Simplified  usage  of  GnomeVFS; made it easy to switch to
       pure usage of libxml2's loaders (me)
     * Improvements to display specification for xds files (Boris
       Goldowsky)
     * Support for Apache Forrest documents (Boris Goldowsky)
     * New  translations:  az  (Metin  Amiroff), ca (Xavier Conde
       Rueda), el (Kostas Papadimas)
     * Updated  translations:  cs (Miloslav Trmac), de (Christian
       Neumair), sr, sr Latn (Danilo Segan), sv (Christian Rose),

Fixes
=====

     * Fixed  a  long-standing  byte  versus  char bug that broke
       cursor positioning in non-Roman scripts (me)
     * Self-test  now  handles  children  of  an entity reference
       correctly (me)
     * Fix for bug #125119 (me)
     * Fix  for  bug  #124011  -  now  handles  entity  reference
       children correctly within editor widget (me)
     * Fix  for  bug  #122365  -  List  item labels now update as
       appropriate (me)
     * Fix for bug #121984 (Boris Goldowsky)
     * Fixed various warnings; removed dead code (me)
     * Packaging fixes (Geert Stappers, Robert Varga)

Download
========

GNOME Software Map entry

http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/projects/conge