[no subject]

There have been some major changes with gnome-games. Gnobots2 and
Gnibbles are back, but Freecell has been removed. There are also 30%
fewer bugs than in 2.3.1.

Freecell addicts shouldn't panic: there is still a Freecell icon.
It links directly to the AisleRiot version of freecell. There are two
features that are known to be missing:
 1) There is no score dialog. If there is demand I will write a new
    one for AisleRiot.
 2) The translations will be marginally worse. AisleRiot has some
    "interesting" issues regarding scheme and gettext. The fundamental
    problem has been resolved, but none of the issues it caused have
    been fixed yet, this will happen in 2.3.3.
If any other favourite feature of freecell is missing, file a bug report.

The source for xbill and freecell are still available in the CVS
module gnome-games-deprecated. They are not currently buildable. Xbill
is also available (in a usable form) at www.xbill.org.

Here are the major changes:

aisleriot:
        Gettext is now called from within scheme. There is no real
        change yet, but we should be able to improve the
        translations in the future.
        If --variation is used then it is only applied to that
        instance of the program.

gataxx:
        It actually works now. At least we know the sanity checks
        work, pity the schema wasn't sane.

gdk-card-image:
        The library has been moved to its own directory. Build
        problems on *BSD should now be resolved.

gnome-stones:
        HIG cleanups.

gnomine:
        Improvements to the contrast between cleared and uncleared
        cells. The window doesn't resize when it looses focus.
        Also added checks to limit the number of mines to the field size.

gnotravex:
        A tile corruption bug has been fixed. Gnotravex is now bug-free
(TM).

gtali:  The binary is now 100k lighter thanks to careful use of
        colour-reduction.

libgames-support:
        HIG and i18n fixups.

mahjongg:
        HIG cleanups.

same-gnome:
        Cleaner preferences dialog.

There has also been an effort to limit the number of dialog boxes
asking "Are you sure ...". This is an ongoing project.