Red Carpet 2.0 preview release

Hi,

We're happy to announce a preview release of Red Carpet 2.0.

WHAT IS RED CARPET?
===================
Red Carpet is a graphical software management tool for RPM and dpkg
systems.  Red Carpet allows you to update and remove existing software
and install new software on your machine quickly and easily with
complete dependency resolution.  It also allows you to get information
on packages and dependencies and view a history of package
transactions.  To make the large amounts of available software easy to
manage, Red Carpet organizes software conceptually into "channels".

WHAT'S NEW?
===========
This new version features an all-new, native GTK+ 2.0-based user
interface.  Its new layout allows more powerful access to software
management tasks like installing software from multiple channels and
installing and removing software simultaneously.  It aims to conform
with the GNOME Human Interface Guidlines.

This new version works in tandem with the Red Carpet Daemon to permit
simultaneous, system-wide (and optionally multi-system) access to your
native packaging system.

HOW TO GET IT
=============
Binary packages for Red Hat Linux 7.3 and 8.0 are available from the
"RCD snapshots" channel in Red Carpet, or on our FTP site at
ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/rcd-snaps.  You will also need the "rcd"
package.

BUG HUNT CONTEST
To help make the final Red Carpet 2.0 release as bug free as possible,
we're holding a bug hunt contest.  Prizes include Bose QuietComfort
Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones, gift certificates to Amazon.com,
and Ximian t-shirts.  See the link below for more details.

DEVELOPERS