ANNOUNCE: orbitcpp 1.3.6
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc usa net>
- To: <orbitcpp-list gnome org>, <gnome-announce-list gnome org>
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: orbitcpp 1.3.6
- Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:23:41 +0200
orbitcpp provides a C++ CORBA mapping for ORBit2. It is used by GNOME's
Bonobo C++ bindings, which are part of gnomemm 2.
orbitcpp requires ORBit > 2.5, such as that used by GNOME 2.2.
orbitcpp is based on the old ORBit/C++ project for ORBit 1.
For more information:
Bowie Owens has been incredibly active:
* Sequence improvements: support for sequences of sequences and
sequences of enums
* _narrow() fix.
* Member sequences stored by value rather than reference, to be CORBA
* Removed some reinterpret_casts<>, avoid MI problems.
* Initialize some member variables.
* typecode correction, fixing #114031.
* Fix/improvement for _this().
* MI fix for stubs.
* Various sequences fixes, fixing #113407.
* Implemented POA exception classes.
* Corrected, and unified memory management of Objects, ORB, and POA, fixing
* Avoid dereferencing null pointer when throwing exception.
* reference-count fix for POA.
* Added some more std:: prefixes for gcc 3.2.
* Added member typedefs, fixing #109834.
* Implemented get_buffer() const on SequenceBase, fixing #11033.
* Avoid dereferncing null pointer in _duplicate and CORBA::is_nil.
* Implemented get_seq_typename(), fixing most of #108644 and #109212.
(Bowie Owens) (Yes, all of it).
* POA init fix, #109659.
* Removed excess overloading of CORBA::is_nil().
* Create _var_type typedef in structs
* Fixed memory leak in CORBA::Object_var.
* Fixed reference-counting problem in ORB.
You can download it from
or the mirrors when they update.
It's in gnome's cvs as the "orbitcpp" module.
Patches should be added to the bugzilla orbit-cpp module, with full
Discussion should happen on orbitcpp-list gnome org
murray usa net
murrayc usa net
] [Thread Prev