ANNOUNCE: MrProject 0.9 - the little drummer boy

MrProject 0.9 - the little drummer boy
======================================

The MrProject team proudly presents the release of MrProject 0.9.

What is MrProject?
------------------

MrProject is a project management application under development, that
will help build project plans and track the progress of a project.

The development of MrProject is led by CodeFactory as a free software
project, and all code is licensed under the GNU General Public License.

More information is available at the MrProject home page:
http://mrproject.codefactory.se/

Over-all changes between 0.8 and 0.9
------------------------------------

Finally we have the one most wanted feature in place:

(Glynn, drum roll please?)

Printing!

Hopefully this will make MrProject a lot more usable for many of
you. We are using gnome-print 2.2.x for printing, which is a new
requirement. It can be downloaded from the MrProject ftp site.

For an example see:

http://mrproject.codefactory.se/project-x.pdf

News

      * Printing of tasks, resources and gantt chart
      * Fixed duration mode for tasks
      * Resources can be assigned to tasks by units
      * Support custom properties for resources and projects

Updated translations

      * it (Paolo Sammicheli)
      * kn (Pramod)
      * pt (Duarte Loreto)
      * am (Daniel Yacob)
      * ja (Takeshi AIHANA) translation.
      * no (Kjartan Maraas)
      * ko (Son Kyung-uk)
      * lv (Artis Trops)
      * sv (Christian Rose)
      * cs (Miloslav Trmac)
      * ca (Pablo Saratxaga)
      * de (Christian Neumair)
      * es (Francisco Javier Fernández)
      * da (Claus Sorensen)

Special Thanks

      * ...goes to Thomas Vander Stichele for letting us stay at his
        place during FOSDEM 2003.

What does it look like?
-----------------------

Take a look at:
http://mrproject.codefactory.se/screenshots.php

Ok, I really want to try it out, where do I get it?

We have split MrProject up in two packages. One for the core project
logics, named libmrproject and one for the GNOME front end, named
mrproject. The tarballs can be downloaded from:

Source
ftp://ftp.codefactory.se/pub/mrproject/source/

Red Hat - Source
ftp://ftp.codefactory.se/pub/software/mrproject/RedHat/SRPM/

Red Hat - 8.0
ftp://ftp.codefactory.se/pub/software/mrproject/RedHat/8.0

Hmm, it looks nice and everything, but...

Ok, ok, we get it, you want to file bugs and feature requests. You can
do this at:

http://bugzilla.codefactory.se/enter_bug.cgi?product=mrproject

Enjoy,
  The MrProject Team

--
Richard Hult                    rhult codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/