ANNOUNCE: Conglomerate 0.7.0

Application
===========

Conglomerate 0.7.0

Description
===========

Conglomerate is an XML editor for GNOME, aiming to be as user-friendly as
possible, to help non-technical people to use DocBook and similar
formats.

Enhancements
============

- Danish translations (Michael Rasmussen)
- Dutch translation (Mark Van den Borre)
- Improvements to core architecture (me)
        - Most important structs are now GObjects
        - MVC framework now uses GObjects signals
        - MVC framework allows updates to be amortized, allowed a big
optimisation of the "View Source" feature.
- Complete rewrite of the main editor control: (me)
        - Fixes numerous bugs
        - In theory, now supports all possible XML
        - Should be more maintainable than old implementation
        - Support for plugin rendering of tags; initial support for
various
types of list tag and for paragraphs.
        - Various usability fixes; typing now works a lot more like a
regular
word-processor.
- Better support for namespaces (me)
- Complete rewrite of clipboard, fixing various bugs (me)
- Online help, integrated with Scrollkeeper/Yelp (Jeff Martin)
- Reimplementation of tree views, with big optimisations to the
change-notification handling. (me)
- Adjacent text nodes get merged where necessary. (me)
- Stylesheets are now located using the XML catalog (Varga Robert)
- Improvements to automatic generation of display specs (Jeff Martin)
- Support for the Kernel Cousin newsletter format (me)
- Various bug-fixes (me)
- Anything else I've forgotten.

Thanks
======