Devil's Pie 0.2.1

Devil's Pie
===========

A utility along the lines of the "Window Matching" options in Sawfish,
designed for use with Metacity but is window-manager agnostic.

It basically allows you to detect certain windows when they are created,
and manipulate them.  I have used it to put X-Chat windows on all
workspaces, and to hide Gkrellm1 from the GNOME2 page and task list
(until gkrellm2 came out, of course).

This is version 0.2.1, and actually tells you what the syntax is instead
of crashing in exciting and interesting ways.  0.2 was very short-lived,
and 0.1 was released but generally sucked. I believe this to be sort-of
usable, but it is not finished, and does require hand-holding at times.
Consider it proof-of-concept.

Download from http://www.burtonini.com/computing/devilspie-0.2.tar.gz.
Debian packages are in the works (I just need to sort out
update-catalogs) and I'll probably knock up a .spec file for RH72 as
well.

Ross
                                           jabber: ross nerdfest org
                                    www: http://www.burtonini.com./