ANNOUNCE: gcompris 2.0.0
- From: Bruno Coudoin <bruno coudoin free fr>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: gcompris 2.0.0
- Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:23:02 -0500 (EST)
GCompris is a full featured education game for kids between 3 and 8.
The game includes many different activities like teaching how to use a
mouse and keybord, memory games, vector drawing, basic educational games,
reading, algebra exerciser and more.
GCompris has been ported to GNOME 2.0.
Starting at gcompris 2.0, you now need GNOME 2 on your system to run it.
The advantage of using GNOME 2 are a complete UTF-8 support, better fonts
display and support for alpha blending in PNG images in the canvas.
- New board in the puzzle boards menu :
traffic board based on the GPL code from Geoff Reedy
<vader21 imsa edu>
- New board in the algebra menu:
A money counting activity based on real Euro coins and papers.
Many graphical enhancements all arounds.
][Date Next] [Thread Prev