MrProject 0.6 - the "Suzie Driscoll found her mother, or did she...?" release

MrProject 0.6 - the "Suzie Driscoll found her mother, or...?" release

The MrProject team is proud to present the first stable GNOME 2
release of MrProject. Since we rewrote everything from scratch earlier
this year we didn't care to put back half finished useless parts
yet. These parts are listed under Regressions below.

We have improved the internal scheduling of tasks and you will notice
that instead of defaulting to must-start-on it defaults to
as-soon-as-possible. This means that if you make no internal
dependencies between the tasks, all tasks will be scheduled at the
beginning of the project.

What is MrProject?
------------------

MrProject is a project management application under development, that
will help build project plans and track the progress of a project.

The development of MrProject is led by CodeFactory as a free software
project, and all code is licensed under the GNU General Public
License.

More information is available at the MrProject home page:
http://mrproject.codefactory.se/

Over-all changes between 0.5.1 and 0.6:
---------------------------------------

News:
* GNOME 2 support
* Task view
* Work based scheduling
* Non-working weekends
* Custom properties for tasks

Regressions:
* Printing
* Network view
* Calendar view

What about all the missing features:
------------------------------------

We are adding features as fast as we can. Within the next weeks we
will release a roadmap of what's ahead. If you can't wait and either
wants to help out by hacking yourself or by contracting CodeFactory to
work on your favorite missing feature please visit:
http://mrproject.codefactory.se/contribute.php

What does it look like?
-----------------------

Take a look at:
http://mrproject.codefactory.se/screenshots.php

Ok, I really want to try it out, where do I get it?

We have split MrProject up in two packages. One for the core project
logics, named libmrproject and one for the GNOME front end, named
mrproject. The tarballs can be downloaded from:

ftp://ftp.codefactory.se/pub/mrproject/source/libmrproject-0.6.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.codefactory.se/pub/mrproject/source/mrproject-0.6.tar.gz

Hmm, it looks nice and everything, but...

Ok, ok, we get it, you want to file bugs and feature requests. You can
do this at:
http://bugzilla.codefactory.se/enter_bug.cgi?product=mrproject

Enjoy,
  The MrProject Team.