ANNOUNCE: GtkGLExt 0.5.0
- From: Naofumi Yasufuku <naofumi yasufuku net>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: GtkGLExt 0.5.0
- Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:51:49 +0900
GtkGLExt, OpenGL Extension to GTK, version 0.5.0 has been released.
It provides the GDK objects which support OpenGL rendering in GTK,
and gtk_widget API add-ons to make GTK+ widgets OpenGL-capable.
As opposed to Jane Loff's GtkGLArea, it does not provide any OpenGL
widget, but an interface to use OpenGL on *ANY* GTK+ widget.
This release includes some important feature enhancements and
lots of new API functions.
* GdkGLWindow and GdkGLPixmap have been changed to be
derived from GdkDrawable. Programmers can now use
GdkDrawable API against GdkGLWindow and GdkGLPixmap objects.
* Win32 GdkGLWindow and GdkGLPixmap implementation
have been rewritten.
* GdkGLConfig API has improved.
* Mesa-specific GLX extensions are supported as option.
* New examples for mixing OpenGL and GDK rendering.
Could you please try it and tell me your comments?
GtkGLExt is an OpenGL extension to GTK 2.0 or later.
This package is composed of GdkGLExt library and GtkGLExt library.
GdkGLExt library includes low-level OpenGL related objects,
GdkGLConfig, GdkGLContext, GdkGLDrawable, GdkGLWindow, and so on,
which has GLX like interface. GtkGLExt library includes high-level
gtk_widget API add-on using GdkGLExt, which extends *ANY* GTK+ widget
to an OpenGL-capable widget.
The official web site is:
The official download & development information site is:
Currently GtkGLExt supports
* UNIX platforms
Tested under Linux (RedHat 7.3) and IRIX (6.5).
* Win32 platforms
Tested under Windows XP & 2000 Professional using MinGW/Cygwin
Naofumi Yasufuku <naofumi users sourceforge net>
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." -- Alan Kay
] [Thread Prev