gnome-panel, gnome-session and gnome-desktop releases
- From: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Cc: release-team gnome org, <gnome-announce-list gnome org>
- Subject: gnome-panel, gnome-session and gnome-desktop releases
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 00:28:37 +0100 (IST)
* What are they ?
gnome-panel contains the GNOME panel which the area
on your desktop from which you can run applications and
applets, and perform other tasks.
gnome-desktop contains the libgnome-desktop library
which contains APIs that really belong in libgnome[ui] but
have not seen enough testing or development to be considered
stable. It also contains documents installed as part of the
core GNOME distribution, e.g. the GPL, GNOME's .desktop files,
the gnome-about program, some manpages and GNOME's core graphics
files and icons.
gnome-session contains the GNOME session manager, the GNOME
session manager configuration program and several other session
management related utilities and the GNOME session manager proxy,
which handles basic session management for applications that do not
* What's changed ?
* Fix #84744, applets not loading in the correct order (Mark)
* Fix problem with more than one applet showing focus (Mark)
* Manuel Borchers.
* Don't stat all icons on startup (Mark)
* Fix #89245, picking an .xpm over a .png (Mark)
* Also read icons from our installed prefix (Mark)
* Fix GConfClient leaks (Mark)
* Simos Xenitellis and Tõivo Leedjärv.
Session Management Proxy
* Fix crashing when starting emacs, #89968 (Mark)
* Where can I get them ?
] [Thread Prev