ANNOUNCE: gtranslator 0.39
- From: Fatih Demir <kabalak gtranslator org>
- To: GNOME Announce List <gnome-announce-list mail gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: gtranslator 0.39
- Date: 10 Sep 2001 00:48:58 +0200
gtranslator 0.39 is out -- yes, really, after some delays, many
bugzilla.gnome.org bugs we've got a new gtranslator release with MAANY
new featurez -- and bugs of course, what would be a developer's life
You can get gtranslator via http://www.gtranslator.org as a tarball and
you can also get previous releases and the current RPMs via
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=666 -- try it out!
If you're interested in tracking development a bit, bugging us, making
us happier, start flamewars, etc. you can join the "gtranslator-devel"
mailing list via
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gtranslator-devel (the mail
address for the list is "gtranslator-devel lists sourceforge net").
The relevant parts of the NEWS file are here:
NEWS from gtranslator R 0.39:
- New documentation by Emese Kovacs.
- Much more enhanced first time init routines.
- No "hardcore" GUI lockup on using the update function anymore.
- Private colorschemes can be now placed into
- Previous last translator keeps automatically written into the
header comment -- should make po files more standardized .-)
- Some nice icons for query, auto accomplishment etc. -- taken from
- Simple undo for insertion, deletion in the translation.
- Messages tree with status grouping, resting messages display and
colored display of untranslated/fuzzy entries.
- ETable/ETree based extra messages view -- very cute.
- Removed the nautilus view, updated requirements and made GConf
- Complete learning is possible through the command line via the
new "--learn"/"-l" options.
- Custom learning (a personal translation memory in the UMTF
format) is now fully implemented.
- Extended colorschemes -- a "text_bg" field allows you to set
the text background color.
- Compile result file can be kept if wished.
- pozilla.sh -- finer statistics, bash changes, more robustness,
many new options, dry run modus, no personal mail modus etc.
- Usage of ~/.gtranslator to allow a more distinct and env-clean
use of temporary files and other support files.
- Differently saving capability -- saving "directly" to a .po.gz or
something similar is now easily possible.
- New fuzzy, untranslated icons from Ville.
- Customizable history list length -- per default set to 10 entries.
- Auto saving after a user-specified time-period -- with a special
suffix if desired.
- UTF-8 editing, saving support.
- Backend core source ready, integration into the opening functions is
- About URI support .-)
- Opening of zip'ed files is now also supported.
- Added preliminary backends mechanism and docbook + text backend
- Big source reorganization and moving to make further development
<([ Fatih Demir / kabalak / kabalak gtranslator org ])>
<([ ICQ: 64241161 / IRC: #gtranslator irc gnome org ])>
<([ GSM: +491749787080 / Evolution & vim empowered ])>
<([ "BermudaShortsNewGranish in -lkabalak are fine" ])>
] [Thread Prev