ANNOUNCE: GUADEC 2 - Copenhagen, April 6-8.

Hello everyone,

The GNOME Users And Developers European Conference 2001 will take place
in Copenhagen from April 6-8.

It promises to be even bigger and more
successful than last year's conference in Paris.

Best of all, we want to provide financial help to GNOME hackers who want
to attend the conference but need help paying for the plane ticket and
hotel.

If you need financial help, we would like you to answer a few questions
on the GUADEC site at http://guadec.gnome.dk/submit

Please submit your request for assistance before January 26.

We don't know yet exactly how much funding we have available to fly
people out, but we're going to try and select the most active
contributors first.  Also, we'll try to pick from all parts of GNOME, so
that we can have the best representation for the project.

If you can cover your own costs and don't need sponsorship, we would
encourage you to go ahead and make travel arrangements as soon as
possible. Travel information is available at:
http://guadec.gnome.dk/info/.
Please go ahead and fill out the form at http://guadec.gnome.dk/submit/
even if you don't need sponsorship, so we have an idea how many
people will attend.

The number of attendants we can afford to sponsor will also depend on
how many sponsors we can find and how many can find a sponsor for their
own trip.

If you know any companies who will consider sponsoring GUADEC then
please send an email to the GAUDEC Conference Commitee:
sslug-guadec-cc sslug dk

We are hard at work flushing out the program for the Conference and
preparing calls for papers.  More on that shortly.

Thanks in advance

Kenneth Christiansen
On behalf of the GUADEC Conference Commitee.