ANNOUNCE: gtkmm 1.3.2

*** gtkmm 1.3.2

gtkmm provides a C++ interface to GTK+. This unstable branch of gtkmm
wraps gtk+ 1.3.x, which will become gtk+ 2.0.

This alpha release shows the progress that we have made since
gtkmm 1.3.1 last month. It should build with the recent gtk+ 1.3.12
release.

*** Changes since gtkmm 1.3.1

* No more gint, gdouble, gfloat, glong:
  We use normal C++ types instead. (Murray Cumming)
* Signals are now used via accessors, and SigC::slot() requires a
  reference to the instance instead of a pointer.
  For instance,
    gtkmm 1.2:
      button.clicked.connect(SigC::slot(this, &Something::somemethod));
    gtkmm 1.3:
      button.signal_clicked().connect(SigC::slot(*this,
&Something::somemethod));
  (Karl Nelson)
* Properties are used via accessors. For instance:
    someobject.property_something().set_value(2);
  (Karl Nelson)
* Removed any uses of Glib::nstring:
  We provide an additional method instead of allowing a null value.
  e.g. remove_something() instead of set_something(0). (Daniel Elstner)
* Improved gtkmmproc installation:
  For use by, for instance, libgnomeuimm and libgnomecanvasmm.
(Murray Cumming)
* Menu wrappers updated for GTK+2. (Murray Cumming)
* Another gtkmmproc overhaul. It now detects more .defs format errors,
  warns about as yet unwrapped functions, and is faster. (Karl Nelson)
* More api review and fixes.
  (Murray Cumming, Daniel Elstner, Gergo Erdi, Karl Nelson)

Note also that we now use libsigc++-1.1.5 which contains some
segfault-related fixes. This means, for example, that the
segfault-on-quit problems in our gtk-demo are gone.

*** Known problems

* gtk-demo "stock browser" doesn't work yet.

*** Download

gtkmm-1.3.2 is available here:

You will need the alpha release of libsigc++1.1, available here:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1970

If you wish to install this in parallel with gtk--1.2, you will first
need to update to the latest libsigc++1.0.x, available here:

*** Description

This is an alpha release, so that you can see the changes
compared with gtkmm 1.2. Development is heavily underway, so this might
be significantly out-of-date by the time you receive this. You can find
cvs instructions here:
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gtkmm-root/base/README

The CHANGES file describes some of the more significant differences
compared to gtkmm 1.2:
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gtkmm-root/base/CHANGES

There is also ongoing discussion on the mailing list: