Guikachu 0.8 "The devil's in the widgets" - PalmOS resource file editor for GNOME

Dear users of both large and small computing tools,

A new release of Guikachu is available.

About Guikachu
--------------
Guikachu is a GNOME application for graphical editing of resource
files for PalmOS-based pocket computers. It is written by Gergő Érdi
<cactus cactus rulez org>. Check out
http://cactus.rulez.org/projects/guikachu/ for up-to-date informations.

Catch it all from http://cactus.rulez.org/projects/guikachu/

About this release
------------------
This release marks another important step on the road towards 1.0: the
form editor user interface is now actually usable for more than 2
minutes :).
Actually, 1.0.0 is only three widgets away with the two new widgets
implemented in this release. I think a 1.0.0 after 2 or 3 more
releases seems realistic -- see the heavily restructured TODO if you
are really interested.

New features:
	* New supported widgets: List, Popup trigger
	* Separate palette window (much like Glade), new widgets are
	  created by first clicking the icon in the palette and then
	  placing it in a previously opened Form's preview area.
	* Startup segfault fix (with help from Dave Fullon). I have no
	  idea why the previous version worked at all...
	* Updated translations: az (Ozgur), hu (me), ru (Valek),
	  wa (Pablo)

Guikachu uses GTK-- and GNOME-- for its user interface. File I/O is
implemented with the libxml package. Dialog windows are loaded via
libglade. You will need the versions of these packages available in
the GNOME 1.4 bundle (with the exception of GNOME-- which you will
need to upgrade to version 1.2.0)
To actually create the PalmOS resource files, you will also need PilRC
(part of the GNU PalmOS SDK) to compile the .rpc files produced by
Guikachu.

Beware of bugémons!

        Cactus

--