Announce: Gtk-- 1.1.8

Gtk-- 1.1.8
--------------
Gtk-- is a C++ interface for the popular GUI library gtk. Gtk-- provides
convenient interface for C++ programmers to create graphical user
interfaces with gtk's flexible OO framework. Highlights include typesafe
callbacks, widgets extensible using inheritance and over 110 classes that
can be freely combined to quickly create complex user interfaces. Gtk--
is free software distributed under GNU Library General Public License (LGPL).

We have moved!  Gtk-- is now hosted at SourceForge along with
its sister project libsigc++.  Be sure to stop by and check
out our new home.   Also our mailing list has been changed, and of course
we now have the very nice sourceforge bug tracker and task manager
to keep the fixes coming fast.

As more and more software is converted from the old API, we are shaking
out a good number of bugs.  Numerous users had reported sucess with
our upgrade script (gtkmmconvert) and have contributed back a number
of improvements.  Users should upgrade to this version so that
you keep up with the latest bug fixes as well as help in providing
feedback to ensure that this version has all that you want out of a
C++ gtk+ wrapper.

All those API problems with menus have now been resolved.
Accelerators and navigation keys function in Gtk--, and Gnome--
has made considerable menu building improvements.  Only Clist and
Ctree are considered unfinished for stable release of Gtk-- 1.2.0.

We have also been hard a work getting the documentation system
back online.  The new system is much faster and cleaner than
the previous one.  Also after a long delay, we have rpms ready on time
for those with intel architectures.  Expect alphas and ppc rpms to
follow shortly.

Homepage: http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net
Ftp:      ftp://download.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/gtkmm/
Maillist: mailto:gtkmm-main@lists.sourceforge.net

Release: Gtk-- 1.1.7 (5 January 2000)
Get: http://download.sourceforge.net/gtkmm/gtkmm-1.1.8.tar.gz
Get: http://download.sourceforge.net/gtkmm/gtkmm-1.1.8-1.src.rpm
Get: http://download.sourceforge.net/gtkmm/gtkmm-1.1.8-1.i386.rpm
Get: http://download.sourceforge.net/gtkmm/gtkmm-devel-1.1.8-1.i386.rpm

Changelog:
 * Gtk::Style takes gdk-- types now. (KN)
 * Improved error checking for unwrapped types. (TP)
 * Improved Menu API in Gtk--. (KN)
 * Improved Menu API in Gnome. (GL)
 * Fixed critical signal handling bug. (KN)
 * Fixed Gnome::UIItem custom menu items. (GL)
 * Repaired configure script for Solaris. (GL)
 * Removed useless accelerator functions.
 * Removed stray using SigC:: from header.
 * Fixed menu accelerators.
 * Fixed keyboard menu navigation.
 * Fixed sign problems in gdk.
 * Added missing Gdk_Cursor wrapper.
 * Added missing colormap functions.
 * Added labels for accel keys. (KN)
 * New and improved document generation. (KN & Daniel Schudel)

--Karl Einar Nelson