Announce: Gtk-- 1.1.7

Gtk-- 1.1.7
--------------
Gtk-- is a C++ interface for the popular GUI library gtk. Gtk-- provides
convenient interface for C++ programmers to create graphical user
interfaces with gtk's flexible OO framework. Highlights include typesafe
callbacks, widgets extensible using inheritance and over 110 classes that
can be freely combined to quickly create complex user interfaces. Gtk--
is free software distributed under GNU Library General Public License (LGPL).

Gtk-- API is going into a good solid freeze.  Gnome-- is getting close.
Now is an excellent time to start cutting your old gtk-- code over,
give us feedback on what needs fixing before stable, or give the kit a
fresh look.   As we are trying to encourage people to upgrade, we have
included a perl script in 1.1.7 which will attempt to change gtk-- 1.0
programs to 1.1.

Documentation and tutorial are still not yet complete. The tutorial is
already very usuable, and there are numerous working examples. As
always if you are willing to help drop by our mailing list.

Gtk-- 1.1.6 was recalled prior to announcement on the lists because of
mistake in a constructor.  Users with copies of this distribution should
upgrade.

Homepage: http://lazy.ton.tut.fi/gtk--/gtk--.html
Ftp: ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/gtk--
Maillist: gtkmm@modeemi.cs.tut.fi

Release: Gtk-- 1.1.7 (5 January 2000)
Get: http://lazy.ton.tut.fi/gtk--/dist/gtkmm-1.1.7.tar.gz

  * Fixed CList ctor seg fault. (Thanks Joe Yandle <joe@wlcg.com>)
  * Removed crusty G_List_string stuff.

Release: Gtk-- 1.1.6 (4 January 2000)

  * Builddir!=srcdir fixed. (Herbert Valerio Riedel <hvr@hvrlab.dhs.org>)
  * Fixed window destruction problems.
  * Delayed destroy() til idle.  destroy() on a managed window is
    equivelent to old delete_self().
  * Fixed seg fault in ctree ctor.
  * API reviewed. (GL & KN)
  * Memory usage review and reduced.
  * Removed unnecessary Gtk+ casts.
  * Script ot ease upgrade path added, gtkmmconvert.

-- Karl Einar Nelson