Re: Writing free documentation/GNOME books

Sorry for my little intrusion, it's the first and last time.

I think there is some sort of "misunderstanding" about Miguel proposal: all
replies focus on the state of GNOME documentation - it is good, it lacks,
before GTK documentation ... - but that's not the point at all.

The main point is: OPEN-SOURCE documentation; and is a GREAT idea, in any way
it will be applied.
Just think what open source software model did in the computer industry (and
how it was hard to demonstrate this and how is now universally recognized)
and transpose this to the publishing industry: a new revolution in the way
knowledge is transmitted, despite the "intellectual property" (in fact held
by the publisher, not the author); aimed by the fact that Internet helps to
cut-off intermediate persons who doesn't add value to the documentation.

Come on people, think of it, talk of it, write of it ... do it!
I whould like to read Stallman's opinion about this.
Thanks to Miguel for his idea (or for the diffusionn of the idea).

Ciao.
Giovanni

P.S.: maybe this is the worst english I ever wrote.