GNOME libs 1.0.12 is out
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel gnu org>
- To: gnome-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: GNOME libs 1.0.12 is out
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:32:35 -0500
Thanks a lot for everyone who tested this release of gnome-libs. I
have now released it. And thanks to Dax particularly for helping
people test this last version of the GNOME libraries.
* New in this release
* New widgets dept
* Jonathan's GNOME Druid Widget is now included in this
release of the libraries. This allows authors to write
Druids (some people might have seen something similar in the
Wizards used in Windows).
The GNOME Guru widget is now deprecated.
* CORBA interface changes
* The base class now is called GNOME::Unknown, not GNOME::obj.
* More utility functions added for affine usage.
* ArtPixBuf now have a destroy notification system (Tim).
* Many bug fixed in LibArt. The Gill paint program has been
exposing some bugs that have been addressed.
* Support for finding whether a point is inside or outside a
sorted vector path (you guesses, required for the
beta-Bezier canvas item used by Gill).
* Owen Taylor added support for loading information and locale
information based on the country.
* Fixes to get the Paper information loaded correctly
(Gnumeric depends on this).
* Added MDI fixes for internationalization (Jaka)
* Font picker should not crash anymore
* GnomeCanvasImage item supports "pixbuf" argument for passing
ArtPixBuf images (We are moving toward an ArtPixBuf/GdkRGB
system for image loading instead of Imlib for our core
* George fixed the GnomeCalculator bugs reported
* Akira provided patches to make the gnome-icon-list and the
icon-items international plus various fixes to the code that
crashed the file manager.
* Tim Janik added a gnome_canvas_get_color_pixel() routine.
* Tim Janik made the standard arguments recognized in more
places in the GnomeCanvasItems and provided saner defaults
* ZVT Widget
* Word selection fixes from Matthijs
* Various smaller bug fixes from Michael
All the API documentation on this module should be already on
the http://developer.gnome.org web site.
Remember, if you want to help finish the GNOME API
documentation, contact Dave (email@example.com). He is
coordinating the documentation effort.
* Elliot provided GNORBA documentation (very nice).
* A lot of gnomeui updated documentation.
* Updated FAQ contents.
* Updated version of popt
* Work in progress:
* The MC VFS is gone from gnome-libs.
* A new VFS is being developed by Ettore, it is a nice async
library for file system manipulation.
* We are in the process of replacing Imlib internally in GNOME
(we will still be compatible with it) to use Raph Levien's
ArtPixBuf (part of libart, which is used on the canvas now).
* Mark and Larry have been working hard on getting the new
ArtPixBuf loader replacements in place.
And many many many bug fixes people have been reporting in the past.
Too many to list.
] [Thread Prev