Orca launching gnome panels

Hi everyone
I've just updated my systems from Orca 0.2.3 to 0.2.4 and am noticing a very odd, and very annoying, issue that is present in both 0.2.4 and the latest CVS as of 5/18/2006 at 17:29 MST (date/time I checked it out of CVS). I have two Debian unstable systems and one Slackware 10.2 system with Dropline Gnome. I can duplicate this on all three of them. When launching Orca, the gnome-panel application is called many times. This results in an entire series of error boxes popping up on the screen from gnome-panel, telling me that it is already running and will now close. I get, at a rough estimation, anywhere from 20 to 30 of these boxes every time I launch Orca. This not only results in these annoying error boxes, but causes Orca to lock up for about a minute while gnome-panel is being launched repeatedly. This *only* happens upon launching Orca, so it is not gnome or some other app triggering this. There are no status messages printed by Orca to the console from which I've launched X11, either. Has anyone seen this or can duplicate this? And is there a workaround?

Thanks