Re: keystrokes for gnome menus

Hi Michael,
To open the Gnome main panel menu, the start menu, use alt+f2. Note, if you don't like alt+f2 and later wish to change it to be control+escape it can be done in your Gnome settings. I highly recommend reading the good Gnome documents at gnome.org. It will give you all the hot keys you need to get started in Gnome.

MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
Someone has helped me get Linux running on my compaq laptop and has managed to get Gnopernicus starting after loggin. I know I still have a lot of work to get properly going ie getting a keypad with a USB connection but how do I get to the gnome menus? what I mean is what is the Linux equivalent keystrokes for navigating the desktop ie start menu or whatever? I have Ubuntu Beta of Dapper Drake and Gnopernicus seems to be now coming up after loggin. I would like to at least do some work to familarise myself with the Gnome environment so I will get an idea of the basics? I assume I can't do CTRL escape to get to the different areas of Gnome menus like in XP. I need some basics so I can shut down, loggout or whatever so some information would be useful. I am still a newby to Linux and I can't really ask anyone for help as regards getting out of my system as I live on my own and my family don't know their waqy around Linux.