Re: Accessibility and Documentation

It should be fairly straightforward to do this - at least, if the
accessibility information is useful and correct.

The bounding boxes of containers like "panels" (you call them 'nodes'),
"toolbars", and areas like the "timeline" in your example can be
obtained from the AT-SPI Accessibility::Component interface.  The
names/labels for those boxes can be obtained from the
Accessibility::Accessible::name property, or the Accessibility::Role of
the objects if they don't have names.  You can also get descriptions for
relevant objects.  The above information is already localized (if the
user interface has been properly translated in the .po files), so this
should speed translation of manuals as well.  Of course some tweaking
will probably be required in the real world, but it will have the
helpful side-effect of identifying gaps in the accessibility
information.

This sounds like a great, fun project.

Best regards,

Bill