Re: Need help with Ubuntu or any other distribution

Hi
Slackware and Debian can both be installed this way--the Slackware CDs come with speakup out of the box, and the Debian netinst cd can be downloaded from:
http://people.debian.org/~shane/netinst-speakup/
Out of curiosity, when you say your computer crashes, do you mean it locks up completely? Or do you get a kernel panic or other error?