screenreader manual or automatically starting

Hi!
I have noticed a possible inconsistency when I think Orca starts.
I have disabled the Login sounds so I only get the drums before I enter my user information. However, the screenreader sometimes starts automatically and sometimes needs to be started manually even though I have noticed that accessability is enabled and that screenreader is checked which is strange.
I am wondering if this is a screenreader bug.
I also don't know which screenreader is being used exactly, I am trying to use Orca and when I do a manual run from a Gnome terminal and type orca, I presume it is Orca that is running.
There doesn't seem to be any welcome messages being spoken.