Re: Question about Firefox and GNopernicus

Hi Petra,

On Jul 21, 2006, at 5:27 PM, Petra Ritter wrote:

hello Ginn,

Ginn wrote:

For Ubuntu 6.06, you need to set GTK_MODULES to empty before starting
Firefox (1.5.0.x).
Like this,
ginn ubuntu:~$export GTK_MODULES=
ginn ubuntu:~$firefox

I am using the LiveCD itself.  Work this Command in this case, too?
Yes.
Firefox 1.5 or 2.0 will work better if you set GTK_MODULES to empty.
But it still can work with gnopernicus if you don't do so.

On ubuntu 6.06, if you don't do so, Firefox 1.5 CANNOT work with gok and gnopernicus screen review. Because ubuntu 6.06 sets GTK_MODULES to gail and atk-bridge automatically, it will break Firefox's accessible tree.
We fixed this issue in Firefox 2.0 and 3.0.

Or you can download firefox 2.0 beta.

This is not a good idea if you using a LiveCD.:-)
You can mount a fs, and download a tar ball there.

By the way is there a LiveCD with Orca on it?

I am rather new to Linux and I not ready to install Gnome on my
debian system yet. So I prefer to use LiveCDs.
--
Best regards

Petra

Thanks,