Re: ubuntu 6.06 testing

Hi Jude,

Jude DaShiell wrote:
I did manage to get gnopernicus talking several times on the ubuntu livecd 6.06 disc I have but am still not sure of the timing to use to adjust the boot menu. Last time I did it I used 15 seconds after cd started spinning up.

I can see from several posts that this is a major issue for people. We have now worked out how to get the boot menu to play sounds so I hope we can have it play a sound when it starts up so you'll know when to press F5. The F5 menu itself will also have sounds in it so it will be easier to navigate.

See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Specs/LiveCdAccess
That wasn't correct since gnopernicus didn't start and I had to do alt-f2 then type in gnopernicus and hit enter to start it. One thing that was discovered is you can't be running in gnome panel so I tried alt-f2 again and tried typing install <enter> to install the ubuntu system onto a disc I have available for it.
The installation program is called 'ubiquity' so you might want to type that instead. It is also the first icon on the desktop.

Thanks for sticking with us, we are working to improve the Live CD system :)

- Henrik