Re: gnopernicus problem in ubuntu dapper

At the boot: screen, hit f5 then hit down arrow 3 times then hit enter twice. After that a preferences screen comes up and gnopernicus speech will be selected already for you so get to quit and quit out of that screen then go on from there. That's all in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/doc/StartGuide oh forgot that little bit about the preferences screen isn't on the wiki, that we found out as a result of trying to install this monster. Finished the install and got a grub error 18 so I can't tell anyone that this works yet. The download url for the CD was http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/ and how I know any of this is I read alt.comp.blind-users where the message was left with this information in it. That was back in May of 2006 too which is the current build date you'll find for that disk, just pick the one appropriate for your system and download.