Re: CD player in Gnome

On 7 Jul 2006, at 20:22, Christian wrote:

Hello all,
Dont'w know where else to post this. Has anyone used the CD player in Gnome successfully? I have installed the latest Gnome but it cant make any audio although my souncard is working just fine. Getting an error message when trying to play audio CD's. Running latest Debian as well.

gnome-cd needs your CD drive to have a direct (analog) connection to your soundcard, because it can't handle digital playback. If your drive doesn't have this, you may have better luck using sound-juicer, goobox, or some other CD player that can handle digital playback (they're usually the ones that can also rip CDs to audio files).

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team