Re: Gnopernicus vs Orca

Hi, Christian.

Christian wrote:
Hello all,
Maybe someone on this list can tell me what is better with Orca compared with Gnopernicus.

Orca has allot of future promise as a screen reader. Some of it's major advantages over gnopernicus is being able to be scripted for apps that are not behaving correctly, and it's flat review keys are better as well.

 Can I get better access with Orca when it comes to reviewing the screen with the virtual focus or simular?

Yes. The flat review mode works just about in every application and can give you a pretty good layout of the screen and has good navigation of toolbars and menubars. The only two exceptions I can think of are Firefox and Thunderbird where flat review doesn't work at all. Although, most of the time using standard application keys is good enough to get around the app.

Many thanks,
Christian