Re: Help recovering from orca crashes.

A minor error in my last message. That should have been killall -9. Also, you will need to of course restart orca after doing this. Mike
Mike Pedersen wrote:
Hello Thomas,
Ok, well I have been running orca 0.25 with gnome-speech 0.4.0 and festival and Dectalk 5. I've noticed orca crashes quite often unexpectedly, and the only way to get speech back is to reboot from scratch.

This may be a case of the entire desktop getting hung. We have made changes recently to greatly improve this problem. Are you at least running orca 0.2.5? If this happens, try switching to another vertual terminal for example with: CTRL+ALT+F1 and kill -9 orca and festival-synthesis-driver. Stability is always a top priority for the orca team so more work will be coming in this area very soon. Mike