Re: accessible distros

Hi, Cody.
Well, I'm quite happy with Ubuntu 6.06 at the moment. It's desktop cd comes with most of the apps you want out of the box such as gaim, evolution, firefox, gedit, etc. It is fairly accessible, and I have been using it for a couple of days now, and I can't complain to much about Ubuntu 6.06 other than some crashes that I don't understand why they happen. The only thing you will probably want to do extra is use apt-get to grab build-essentials, gnome-devel, python-dev, and a few other development things.

Cody wrote:
Hi all,
Another post in one day. I've been a distro hopper for a while, and can't find the right distribution. I was just wondering what the most accessible distributions were. I would mainly do things like instant message, web browsing, document editing, and maybe some programming. I want to be able to install software myself and be able to configure it easily. I just can't find the right distro for this. So what do most visually impaired/blind users use as their distro? Or, what is the most widely used distribution. I'd also use Orca for my screen reader not gnopernicus. Cody