Re: Announcing Orca 0.2.5 rpms

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:17:05 -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:

> rpm packages of Orca-0.2.5 for Fedora Core 5 are now available from:
>
> ftp://SpeakupModified.Org/fedora/rednote/

Janina,

Thank you for creating the Fedora packages of orca.

With small modifications to your spec file I was able to get this to
install on FC5 without serious complaints and without using --nodeps.

Apparently, rpm macro names don't like to have dashes in them.  So
changing names like gnome<dash>speech_version and at<dash>spi_version to
gnome<underscore>speech_version and at<underscore>spi_version helped.

Also python_version needed to be 2.4.0 instead of 2.4 in order to not
complain about python dependencies.

The only development update I needed was gnome-speech, like so:
$ sudo yum --enablerepo=development update gnome-speech

Everything seems to be running normally so far...

--Jack Spaar