debian's gnopernicus support

So far it only extends to gnome-mag. The debian version of gnome is missing gtk+ libglade libgnome liibgnomeui gnome-xml and gnome-speech. festival must have been intended for emacspeak users to use and I had to uninstall gdm because that application is too badly behaved starting up in some way outside of inittab control. Has anyone tried drop-line gnome with gnopernicus and no gnome-mag if all you've done won't be helpful this time. I miight try that flavor of gnome on slackware 10.2 to see if it can install and if all of gnopernicus has worked on another system it might be a good way to go. So far as ubuntu is concerned, do .torrent files need conversion to return them to iso's and what would be used if you can't run bittorrent since you're without a static address?