Re: Dummy speech driver

Hi Pedro:

While I think this has been suggested before, I think that it is a good idea; especially if it's designed to allow sending the output to a named pipe, serial port, or perhaps even convert to HTTP and send output that way. It would allow more ways to debug the speech output itself. If you need help creating such a speech driver, let me or Will Walker know and I'll try to send comments.

Best regards,

Bill

Pedro de Medeiros wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be interesting to have a dummy speech
driver in gnome-speech that sends text as output, so one could send it
to a named pipe, a program or a line printer. Or one could use it to
simplify debugging gnopernicus without recompiling, reinstalling,
removing etc. What do you think?

Cheers.