gnopernicus and FreeRockGnome

I haven't managed to get it working just yet. test-speech can't get the gnomespeech server up and alive. Seems to be some kind of socket problem. I downloaded freerock gnome from datapipe.net web site off the norlug link using the lynx command to do the install and have it updated with slapt-get on slackware 10.2. speech-tools and festival are at current versions on this system though I may have to manually copy festival utilities into /usr/sbin so they'll be next to test-speech. I did run xorgsetup and rplaced an earlier config file nd X11 appeared to come up and work correctly except for gnopernicus. I used Don Raikes cfg-gnome.sh script and had to erase .gnome2 for it to work to completion without error when I ran it in root. ccording to awb cs cmu edu one of the festival authors rather much security work needs doing on festival to make it so unauthorized users especially from halfway round the world can't use it while those on your system can use it. Allen did not elaborate. Any suggestions for things I might try to get to accessibility with gnome on slackware 10.2 would be appreciated and tested.