upgrading Ubuntu

I am thinking of upgrading Ubuntu from Dappa Drake to Edgy.
If I were to do it on my laptop which is the only PC I have with Linux on would I get speech during the upgrade and can it also be done without having to upgrade over the Internet as although I have a wireless network card for my Local Linux User Groups I don't have a wireless router at home for setting up my BT connection. I would do it on my desktop only I need to backup my address book, I don't know if the Edgy CD Talks and I haven't been able to test Ubuntu with my BT Voyager.